Sunday, July 22, 2012

A RESEARCHER’S PRAYER


Our Lord, how awesome is your creation;
Its depth none of us can fathom;
Its vast expanse none of us can trail;
Sans Your Wisdom, our effort’s bound to fail.

Father, life’s beset with puzzlement;
Why’s and how’s are asked in each moment;
Change is what is constant in man’s ways;
The more we seek life’s truth, the more it strays.

I acknowledge that it is You who hold
        the truth which you constantly unfold;
The Truth Himself, Your guidance I as for  . . .
        on my own, futile is each endeavor.

Grant that I always be a searcher
        for ways to make human life better;
Be may it ever be my higher aim
        to be man’s helper, equipped . . . and willing.

Amen.

-      a servant and seeker, Philip
        June 2, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment