Monday, July 23, 2012

END OF THE DARK VALLEY


The darkness of the starless night chokes
        as it lets out all those haunting thoughts;
The silence that each day-end brings
        is a thousand bells’ deafening rings.

As I walk through this dark valley,
        aloneness’ gripping cold envelops me;
Stripped of every pleasure and pride,
        here is a soul crushed . . . wounded in each stride.

In this dreaded alley I was stripped
        of everything I dreamed of and built;
`Nothing here that I possess and own . . .
        no label to define what I am.

But . . . with this humbling emptiness,
        Your outpoured love I can – in time – possess;
And only through my brokenness and hurts
        can my heart become truly contrite.

When the darkness has served its purpose . . .
When the last bit of me has ceased . . .
Then Your great light will my soul behold . . .
        and “I” whom You’ve re-molded shall unfold.




philip briana
May 18, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment