Monday, July 30, 2012

OVER SOON


Is life a mere eternal wait?
Does bitter color each one’s fate?
Is optimism kept in vain
        by him who hopes to transcend pain?

Should I often cry out to Heaven . . .
        lay down my yoke . . . my long kept shame?
Does He who keeps His footstool here
        bestow a mere glance as we fear?

But am I not an heir of His?
Can I not claim a life of bliss?
. . . And why, instead, a thorn in the flesh?
Is this what’s meant by being blest?

Oh, hush, my troubled soul . . . be still;
Inquire no more . . . hush, feel your seal;
Just yield up to Him . . . near is the hour;
Soon all your trials will be over.






For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.” – 2 Corinthians 4: 17



philip briana
December 13, 1991

No comments:

Post a Comment