Monday, July 23, 2012

DAWN’S GLEAMING . . . ONCE MORE


The light of daybreak now paints the eastern sky
        where darkness and emptiness to the night lie;
Dawn is once more the time when everything
        Comes back to life . . . and to its refreshing.

Sun light awakens nature from its slumber;
The chirping of the birds is heard once more;
Flower gradually shed their radiant dew
        as they face the vast canopy so blue.

As I embrace this blissful moment,
        let me bask . . . linger . . . and stay in it
        until it gets embedded in my heart,
        and with its joy my memory would not part.

The night, with sad and dreadful thoughts, is over,
Now dreams, hopes and visions fill the present hour;
You steadfast love persisted in its call
        till I responded and rose up from my fall.

Indeed . . . only through Your grace and mercy
        can I keep sight of Your awesome beauty;
For a once lost soul who yearned to find Your way,
        You are just a thought . . . a sigh . . . a prayer away.





philip briana
July 12, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment